Today I started painting in the bathroom. Got 2 coats done on the linen closet & I can tell you now it will NEVER be painted by me again! Picture this... the linen closet doorway is very small.. I'm not.. The step stool had to be folded up & put in side-ways, then set up, then I had to try to get in side-ways & at the same time step up on the stool while holding a small tray of paint. Because my knees are so bad, I have to hold on to get up the stepstool too. oh brother! While on up on the stepstool, I have to try to turn to paint the walls (including behind me) keep the tray level, & not touch any walls. ... hmmmmm OOOPS!!! tipped the tray & there's a small puddle of paint on the floor.... level the tray again... start painting again... UH OH!! there's paint running down my leg & there's a much larger puddle on the floor! Oh well... there's that much less paint in the tray now so it doesn't tip so much hehehe.. geesh! what a time.
I did manage to get 2 coats on all the walls with a lot less spillage. Even the window frame got a fresh coat of paint. It's all white right now, but we wanted a good base under any paper we put up. Also we had some forest green to cover. It sure makes the doors & door frames look greyish though. Another paint job coming up!
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment