Last night we started on our bathroom project. We had put up that dry-strippable wallpaper years ago & off it came. Actually the wallpaper came off surprisingly easy. The backing was a different matter. Tom & I spent most of last night & this morning trying to get that &#%^$ stuff off! A note to everyone... do NOT wallpaper behind a toilet. It's hard enough to get it on but try getting it off... We had to take the tank off before we could get the paper off!
Tom put valves on the taps so we don't have to turn the water off to the whole house if we want to change anything at the sink. He put the new light over the vanity & moved the wiring etc. and installed the new lights over where the sink will be. The new counter is not as long as the old one which is why the wiring had to be moved unless we wanted it off centre....NOT!
Part of the new cabinets have been built too. We briefly thought about trying to put the new flooring & the new toilet in today but decided to do some of the other things first. Especially the plastering & painting.
I forgot to take "before" pictures, but I know I have at least one picture somewhere. I did take some when things were cleaned out though.
We have about 15 bundles of insulation on our back deck too, waiting to go up into the attic. That's another big job that needs to get done before we get the new carpeting installed May 1.
I'm sure it wasn't this hard to do this kind of thing 10 years ago. They must be making things harder to do nowadays!! Thank goodness we have a day off tomorrow. We will be celebrating Sarah's birthday after church.
Happy Birthday Sarah (even if it was last week!)
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment