Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mom seemed to be doing pretty good today. She even got to take a walk around the block. Not a large block but she did well & now I can take her out of the room anytime I want to.

She's 6th on the list for rehab now. Hopefully it won't be long before she can go. I'm not quite sure what the rehab is for since she's walking ok (with her walker of course).

Just as I got off the elevator to go home, I met Dad. He was a little breathless but nothing unusual for him & he seems to be doing fine now.

The internist who first saw mom in emergency came in today too. She's been in a few times. She is on a different rotation starting tomorrow. She was telling us that the team has taken mom off one of her parkinson's medications. It was the one that boosts the sinimet. She said that sometimes that particular medication, although good, does some funny things sometimes. She told us what but I don't remember exactly now. She asked if we noticed any changes & I said YES!! Mom does not shake as much as she did before. I had thought it was the advancing parkindson's but it seems it could have been that medication. Her loss of balance could also be a result of that medication. The odd thing is, that booster was given because mom was beginning to loss her balance at times. It just got worse & worse as time went on. ODD!

No comments: