Friday, March 10, 2006

Anyone want to help me write a complaint letter to the hospital mom was in? Believe it or not, I had to transfer her to the Henderson & NO ONE helped us out of the General. Mom was exhausted by the time we got to the main entrance where I had to leave her while I went to get the car. I was given directions to the Henderson & we had to go to the main entrance for information to where she was going. There was a lot of walking involved to get there too. No one offered to help with a wheelchair or anything, nor was there anyone around to ask for help. We didn't realize it was going to be such a long way. When we got upstairs, they thought we had been transferred by Patient Transfer, until I said that mom needed to sit down after such a long walk. They were furious that the General hadn't transferred her in an ambulance as they SHOULD have done. The hospital was still responsible for Mom's care during the transfer too.
From what I've been told, this is not the first time that ward has done the same thing. They should know better than to practically insist that a patient's family transfer a patient to rehab. If I had not taken her, they would have called Dad & I know he would have gone to get her then both of them would have been having problems! Imagine forcing an 83 yr old woman who was in hospital for 3 weeks with 2 fractured vertebrae to walk what probably amounts to close to 3 city blocks after she has been up for less than a week! grrrrrrrrrrr I am so mad I could spit!

No comments: