Sunday, November 20, 2005

Last night we went to a dinner/dance sponsored by the Social Club where Tom works.
It was a great evening. Of course the people who were at our table made it so enjoyable. Ben & Barb Grant (Ben is Tom's boss but also a friend), Jeff & Marie Woods, Mark & Marlene Anderson.. all really nice folk. Mark won a door prize which was a Christmas moose. Stands about 18" high & is really cute. Barb & I kept trying to shag it, but Mark was too vigilant!

The food was excellent. A lovely buffet with butternut squash soup, different salads, cold cuts, cheeses, & for hot food.. roast beef, turkey & dressing, ham, roast potatoes, delicious pasta, mixed vegetables.. & I can't remember what else. Deserts were lots of different things.. chocolate cake, tiramisu with fresh strawberries on top, cheese cakes, tarts, squares, delicious pecan pie, apple crumble... so much! I was good & only had 1 piece of pecan pie... of course, I would have had a 2nd but it was all gone by the time everyone had gone through .. oh well!

I got to dance this time too. My knees weren't too bad last night & I was fairly careful even while dancing the twist & other fast dances. I'm surprised I'm not feeling it this morning too.. my knees just feel a little tired. Thank Goodness!

Well, that was my fun evening. I'm looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

Shag a moose or SNAG a moose. Big difference there!