Thursday, May 11, 2006

We didn't get much of a chance to visit Dad today. He was sleeping when we first arrived which is what they want him to do. He suddenly woke up but you could tell it was because something was bothering him. Just at that time, the fire alarm went off which meant we had to leave the unit & go to the waiting rooms. After a while in there, the "all clear" was sounded & most people went back to see the rooms. I said to wait a couple of minutes to let the rush finish before making our way back. Good thing I did because the fire alarm went off again. This was not a drill but the real thing. It was a "code red" in the burn unit of all places! By the time the "all clear" was sounded again, I figured Dad was probably back to sleep so we came home.

When we got home last night from our small group, there was a message on the phone from Dad's sister, Doreen. All she said was "I'm coming as soon as I can".. She called again this afternoon with her flight information. She'll be here tomorrow morning at 11:30! She's going to be here for a couple of weeks! I told her that only immediate family... Mom, Terry & myself are allowed in the ICU to see Dad. She'll be staying with me because I know she won't be any help to Mom. Mom would have to wait on her all the time. For the time being we aren't going to let Doreen in to see Dad. The biggest reason I didn't want Doreen to see him is that Dad is convinced he's not going to be going home & we've been trying to convince him he is. If he sees Doreen, he's going to think that we weren't telling him the truth & he will give up fighting.

Pray for me.. I'm gonna need it!

No comments: