Friday, May 05, 2006

UPDATE ON DAD...

Yesterday (Thurs.) Dad had his surgery. He did amazingly well but was still very ill. The next week is when any infection might set in, but each day means further away from that chance.

Today, he was a lot better. Of course, having the breathing tube removed might be a big reason for that. This morning his left lung was a little crackly but later this afternoon that was greatly improved. There is a chance that he will be moved out of ICU tomorrow. He's not really lucid because of the pain medication he's on, but you can sometimes make some sense about what he is trying to say. SOMETIMES!! They tried to reduce the amount of pain meds he was getting, but it took them 2 hrs to get it back under control, so it might take a while. Dad doesn't exactly have the highest level of pain tolerance either. That's about all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to add to it. Thanks for all your prayers. I know they have helped a lot.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Saturday... Dad has had to have the breathing tube re-inserted as his lungs were not as clear as yesterday. Mom & I could not get in to see him as he had become extremely agitated this morning & it took 4 men to hold him down. He almost brought some heavy equipment down on top of him. He is now sedated & in restraints. Fortunately he did not hurt himself nor anyone else, but it sure didn't help any.

Pat said...

Sunday... Dad is still under heavy sedation & he still has the breathing tube in. He hardly blinked the whole time Mom & I were there. He still has the restraints on in case he tries to get up again. The nurse said she thinks it was the steroids that Dad has been given that have made him agitated. They will be starting to decrease the tranquilizers soon & hopefully he won't have any more of those episodes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping this updated... I know its hard to remember everything when talking to someone...Of course you all are in my prayers