What week this has been. It started out normal enough, Monday was the usual household chores like laundry etc.
Tuesday I worked on my Alliance Women's Financial records. Getting things ready for the Annual Meeting. After supper Tom & I went to a Valentine's Dessert night at the church which really was a good time. We always enjoy getting together with a lot of our friends.
Wednesday was PAYDAY! After doing some banking & a few other errands, I headed for Burlington to meet Tom for lunch. Since I was somewhat early I popped in to Michael's. What a deadly place for me to go to lol. No, I did NOT buy out the place this time! After lunch I headed for Costco & then back to Hamilton to pick up Brianna from day care for an appointment she had. After meeting Chris, I took them both home & then hurried back to my home to make dinner. Wednesdays is our Bible study night so it's always a rush when I'm late getting home.
Thursday is THE day of days this week. It is my mom's grocery day & I take her to Fortino's. We almost always go out for lunch first, which is a great time because it's about the only time there is just the 2 of us to yak yak yak. About 10 minutes before I would leave to get her, my dad phones. "Pat can you come now, mom's had a fall". That 15 minute drive took me 7 minutes.
When I got to their place, dad informs me that mom wouldn't let him call 911. My first thought was... who gave her the option?
After talking with her & asking a few questions, I called 911 & the paramedics were there in no time. After assessing her condition, they wrapped her up & off she went in the ambulance. We all thought she had at least a broken rib or two. At the hospital she had a cat scan of her head & x-rays from neck to hips. Thankfully she didn't have a single broken bone. I didn't see much bruising, but I'm sure there is a fair amount of bruising internally. She is in a fair bit of pain & cannot stand because of it. The pain is all on her left side mostly along the rib cage & just below it. Because she can't even stand, she was admitted to hospital. It sure made me feel better knowing that she wasn't going home the way she was. After over 11 hours in the emergency room, Dad & I finally went home. We were both tired & hungry since it was almost midnight by the time we got home & we hadn't had supper. Driving home in the rain & dark isn't one of my favourite things to do especially when I'm partly night-blind, but I made it safely.
Today I went to my paper tole class as usual, although I did have my cell phone turned on the whole time. Mom, Dad & the hospital have my # just in case they needed me. I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon so I couldn't take Dad to visit Mom. After the appointment I had to pick Brianna up from day care again for a long standing sleep over. I couldn't disappoint her & Mom would have felt really bad if I did. Tom offered to drive me in to see Mom after supper. She is feeling a bit better, but she is still in a lot of pain & still can't stand up. They are going to keep her in for another 3 or 4 days, partly because she can't stand up & partly because they want to look in to a few things. I think it's because they found she has lost some sensations in her left leg. I don't think Mom had even noticed it before, she seemed surprised when they pointed it out. However, she is in a good place & in good hands.
I know that this is only the beginning of a lot of hard times such as these as both Mom & Dad have a few major physical problems which will only get worse as time goes on. It's so hard to watch them go downhill & slowly lose their health, mobility & independence.
Please keep us all in your prayers, we depend on them.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment