Good news!
I was in to see Mom today & she seems a fair bit better. She was sitting in a chair eating her lunch when I arrived. There was no sign of the hallucinations, but she was quite tired. After getting into bed, she dozed off for a while... until Dad arrived, & then she was awake off & on. After a while an occupational therapist came in to talk with me & to give mom some tests (which she did quite well on) They were memory tests to see how well her mind is working. Later someone from the Geriatric team came to talk with us about what we think Mom will need when she's discharged from hospital. They are going to get together to work out a plan for when she goes home. One of the things they asked was what we thought she needed to be able to do before going home. I said she needed to get back one her feet & be able to care for her own personal needs. ie... washing, dressing etc. She will be getting some physio-therapy soon I think. We shall see.
Since she is still quite unsteady on her feet, I think it might be a few days yet. But at least she seems to be doing quite a bit better than yesterday.
Thank you Lord for answered prayer. And thanks to all who have been praying & are still praying.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment