Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Here we go again. My dad was admitted to hospital this morning with pneumonia. He was told he'd be in for a few days. Here's hoping it is only a few days!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Keep us posted! We're thinking of him!

Pat said...

for some reason I haven't been able to post any new things so I'll have to update under "edit".

Yesterday (Thurs.) Dad had his surgery. He did amazingly well but was still very ill. The next week is when any infection might set in, but each day means further away from that chance.

Today, he was a lot better. Of course, having the breathing tube removed might be a big reason for that. This morning his left lung was a little crackly but later this afternoon that was greatly improved. There is a chance that he will be moved out of ICU tomorrow. He's not really lucid because of the pain medication he's on, but you can sometimes make some sense about what he is trying to say. SOMETIMES!! They tried to reduce the amount of pain meds he was getting, but it took them 2 hrs to get it back under control, so it might take a while. Dad doesn't exactly have the highest level of pain tolerance either. That's about all I can think of at the moment. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to add to it. Thanks for all your prayers. I know they have helped a lot.