Our first day gave us a bit of a scare/shock. As we were traveling down the I79, we came over a slight rise & there was a car with a trailer STOPPED in our lane. Tom realized that he was stopped in plenty of time & pulled around him. Thankfully there was very little traffic around. I kept watching in the side mirror & saw a red vehicle (I think it was a van) come over the rise. I didn't see him pull out like I thought he should & I figured he was going to hit the stopped car/trailer when he suddenly pulled out. WHEW... then, to my shock & horror, I watched as he lost control, spun around and then, as if in slow motion, he started to tip. OH NO!!! This vehicle didn't just tip over... it was suddenly airborne & flipping over & over & over! Tom said he saw the doors fly open & things flew out but he wasn't sure what came out. We pulled over & stopped, but could not safely back up that distance (by then we were a fair ways down the road) I called 911 on my cell phone to report the accident. Needless to say I was quite rattled by it & could not even recall my cell phone number. I was passed over to the State Police & they asked me if anyone was hurt. I told the officer that I figured there were some pretty serious if not fatal injuries but I didn't know for sure. I could not get that picture out of my mind for a few days & have wondered ever since how the person/people in the vehicle were. I've tried to find out by looking on the internet, but drew a blank.
Other than that, our trip down was uneventful & we arrived safely at Jim & Muriel's trailer in Florida on the 17th.
The next few days were spent catching up on all the news, looking around the park, playing golf, playing pinochle, etc. and watching the lunar eclipse on the 20th.
Muriel, Tom & Jim.. Jim is getting ready to start
Where did it go?
It's where?
After a hard day on the golf course... the guys took time out to study the inside of their eyelids.
part of the lunar eclipse

No comments:
Post a Comment