Monday, September 10, 2007

OUR ALASKAN CRUISE

I'm finally getting around to blogging about our cruise... it's hard to believe that we've been back 3 weeks already. Well, here goes!

Aug. 9, 2007

Christine & Brianna drove us to the Hamilton Airport, arriving there at 6:30 a.m. Yes that was 6:30 in the MORNING! I'm not used to getting up quite that early, but of course I had no problem with it, since I couldn't sleep that much anyway.

Our flight took off right on time & we had an uneventful trip.





Coming in for a landing at Vancouver Airport.






Tom's cousin Kevin & his wife Mariette met us at the Vancouver Airport & took us to their house for a delicious lunch. We had a great visit with them & with Kevin's dad, Uncle Lou. He might be 94, & his body is wearing out, but Uncle Lou is still as sharp as a tack mentally.



Kevin & Mariette







Tom & Uncle Lou





After catching up with all the news, Kevin drove us back to our hotel where we had a quick walk-about & supper before finally going to bed. Man were we tired! It might have been only 9:00 pm in Vancouver but it was midnight back in Ontario.

No comments: